Thyroid – an indispensable organ of the endocrine system that produces substances that are responsible for many important processes. That is, it is responsible for the activity of the brain, heart activity, muscle tone, metabolic processes. Therefore, any thyroid problems will sooner or later be reflected in other organs and systems.
It is noted that thyroid disease develops much more often in women than in the stronger sex, and one of the common pathologies is the increase in this organ. Often, this is due to a lack of iodine intake, poor environmental conditions, constant stress, chronic infectious diseases, bad habits. We will find out what are the symptoms of diffuse enlargement of the thyroid gland and the methods of treatment for this diagnosis.
Symptoms of an increase in the thyroid gland
Symptoms of an increase in the thyroid and its hormones are not immediately apparent and depend on the stage of pathology. It is possible to observe changes only with palpation examination, ultrasound or X-ray examination. There are 5 stages of enlargement of the thyroid with such signs:
- In the first phase, when the palpation is increased, the gland is not diagnosed, but during swallowing of saliva and food, the patient may feel some discomfort.
- In the second stage, the enlarged lobes of the gland are already examined, and their increased isthmus is noticeable.
- The third stage is characterized by a visually appreciable size of the organ, which thickened the neck, changing its contours.
- The thyroid with the rise in the fourth degree starts not only to move forward but also to the sides. Swallowing functions are considerably hampered.
- The hardest stage leads to disfigurement. The trachea and esophagus are traumatized, hindering the swallowing and breathing processes, the voice changes, and the patient feels considerable pain and discomfort.
The increase in the thyroid can be substantiated by such manifestations as follows:
- Decrease or weight gain without obvious reasons;
- Fatigue, tiredness;
- Problems with sleep;
- Loss and dullness of the hair;
- Irregular menstruation;
- visual impairment;
- Trembling of the hands;
- inexplicable cough;
- Stool diseases etc.
Treatment with an increase in the thyroid gland
To properly treat this pathology, the necessary diagnostic measures must first be performed, including:
- a blood test for hormones;
- Computer-assisted axial tomography
- Core scans, etc.
The treatment methods depend on the reasons for the increase in the thyroid gland, stages of the pathological process, comorbidities. It is easy to guess that the most easily treatable enlargement of the thyroid gland is 1 degree, so it is very important to early detection of the pathology. Neglected cases usually fail without surgical treatment.
In most cases, substitution therapy – taking hormone preparations. Also, drugs that inhibit the functioning of the gland can recommend a special diet. One of the modern methods of treatment is radioiodine therapy – the use of radioactive iodine preparations to destroy glandular tissue.
Treatment of thyroid enlargement by FolkMittel can be performed only after diagnosis and with the permission of the doctor. The most effective folk method for the treatment of thyroid disease is the use of an alcohol tincture of cinquefoil white.