Is Spanish rice gluten free? this question may come up to your mind, especially when you like to consume Spanish rice or other Mexican foods, however, you concern about the health of your body and wondering whether eating rice a roni spanish rice gluten free or not and may harm your body’s health.
- What does it mean by gluten free?
Before you start your life with gluten-free, there are some food examples that contain gluten. First, you need to ensure whether the foods you consume are mixed with gluten or other contents such as addictive substances. There are some foods that contain gluten in your daily live including crackers, bread, pasta, noodle and other kinds of food that uses wheat flour.
Unfortunately, there is no other instant way that can help you whether or not foods you buy or eat contains gluten or not by reading the foods content label. If you are doubt to choose which foods that has such label, while you are shopping at the supermarket, you can directly go to the fruits and vegetables gluten free section.
- spanish rice gluten free recipe
There is also another way for you to keep enjoying Spanish rice without needed to worry whether it contains gluten or not by cooking it by your own by the help of spanish rice gluten free recipe below. It is quite easy to start making Spanish rice, since the ingredients are also easy to find
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 3 cups of long grain rice
- 1 tbs of salt
- 1 whole onion and chop it
- ½ tsp of cumin
- A can of tomato sauce
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsb of chili powder
How to make,
- First of all, turn the sauté pan’s heat over medium. Then, add olive oil, rice and salt. After that, cook the mixture until the color of the rice a little turns out. After you see some color on the rice, next, you add pepper, chili powder, onion, cumin and oregano.
- Keep stirring it until around 2 minutes. Next step is add garlic and stir it again for at least 1 minute. Then, add tomato sauce and chicken broth and stir it well in order to make all the substances combined.
- Lower the heat until the very lowest level, then, cover the pan and cook for around 10 more minutes. After 10 minutes, you can take off the cover and continue stirring it. In this step, you need to ensure that all of the ingredients are combined. Next, put the cover back on and cook it again for around 10 more minutes.
- Last but not least, take the pan off from the heat and do not uncover it. Let the ingredients mixture stands for another 10 minutes. After you think the time is enough, then lift lid and try to pinch the pie whether it its fluffy enough to be served!
Those are all the information that can address your question related to is Spanish yellow rice gluten free?